Friday, February 3, 2012

God For Sale?

I used to see god every day,
In faces well known and loved...
Those faces stood for all the good,
The grace and glory in the world.
Ihad found God through quests
Amongst books, idols and morals,
And elected Him to guide my way.
I gre older and i saw my Godcowering
In the dark challenges thrown his way.

Blood had flown in his name,
People used him for fame,
Looked at him in disdain,
And accused him for being vain.
My god had failed, and so i had.
i carried the sins, My God was bad.

There i sat remorse writhing in my gut
When i heard her singing softly.
She didn't stop as i glared at her.
She sang of love, her eyes a soul-mirror.
She sang of God's victories,
The fables that changed histories
He wasn't a God i'd heard about.
She must have seen him without a doubt.

The prayer wasn't a hymn for mercy
It was a joyful song of miracles
Miracles of science, wonders of nature, and
The strength of humans unnoticed.

She stopped singing, it was quiet.
My breathing was laboured, my heart tired.
Tired of bearing the cross too long,
For being punished for another's wrong.
For defending a false god i'd burned,
At a stake that ought to be turned
Into the heart of that whose fault it was.
Not me, but my mind, confused it was.

I'd not looked at god for inspiration,
I'd not celebrated life in its motions,
For my mistakes i'd not repented,
I'd accused others when i was the one demented.

Yes, every crime has a lament in it,
Every good deed, a choice before it.
Every hope has a risk of getting crushed.
Every moment has something not to be rushed.

I may not change my life in a day,
I've seen that my god was astray.
I've decluttered the mess in my head.
I've paved a path in my heart for him to tread.

No comments:

Post a Comment